About the EB
Mr. Dan-Viggo Bergtun
Dan-Viggo Bergtun was born in Harstad, in the North of Norway in 1956. After his Basic Business School in Marketing, he joined the Army in the North of Norway. After the Army he was employed in the Tax Office, Oslo. At the same time he studied at BI Norwegian School of Management.
He started early to be involved in different organizations related to sport, politics, youth and religion. He has been actively involved in politics for more than 8 years in The Liberal Party of Norway.
In 1978 he took part in a UN mission to Lebanon, UNIFIL, where he worked in first aid. Here he learned the establishment of later problems for veterans. This was his motivation for helping and supporting veterans in different ways later.
In 1982 he started a consulting company and has since then operated as specialist in the reorganization of organizations nationally and internationally. He had offices and clients in many countries. After further education in sales, marketing and finance, he has been involved in the creation of more than 30 organizations in partnership with others. He was also owner of a commercial real estate consulting company and founder of Clean Your Card; a product sold to over 60 countries, to safeguard payment.
Dan-Viggo Bergtun has been an active veteran since 1978, as a member of the Norwegian Association for International Operations (NVIO) and other organizations. He has been President of Oslo UN and NATO Veteran Association for 2 years, Chaired NVIO Nedre Romerike for 2 years and NVIO Vice President in 2 terms.
He took further veteran education in the Folke Bernadotte Academy (FBA) in Disarmament, Demobilisation and Reintegration (DDR) and in the Barcelona International Peace Resource Center/International Transition in Community Based Reintegration and Security (CBRS) and has developed the Community Reintegration of Veterans Program (CRVP).
He was Norwegian Delegate to the WVF General Assembly in Malaysia, Denmark and Jordan and Delegate to the 21st Meeting of the SCEA in Portugal in 2008. Since 2008 he has been a member of the WVF Working Group for the Veterans’ Walk for Peace and organized a very successful Veterans Walk for Peace in Oslo in 2008 in partnership with The Nobel Peace Centre.
Mr. Bergtun was elected Chairman of the Standing Committee on European Affairs and Vice President of the WVF at the 26th General Assembly in Denmark in 2009 and re-elected at the 27th General Assembly in Jordan in 2012. He developed SCEA to be the leading area in WVF and based on this he has also developed a strategic plan for the future of the WVF.
He was elected President of the World Veterans Federation at the 28th General Assembly in Sopot (Poland) in 2015 and reelected as President at the 29th General Assembly in Paris (France) 2019.
He was Member of the committee, International Round-The-World March of Veterans “Battle Brotherhood” and Member of The Advisory Board of Veteran Organizations from the Balkan Region and has participated in veteran summits as a keynote speaker in many countries.
Dan-Viggo Bergtun is married to AnnaLee. They live just outside Oslo and have 3 girls and 2 Grandchildren.
In the winter time they love to ski and in the summer time they enjoy walking and biking in the Norwegian mountains.
Docteur El Mostafa El Ktiri
Current Occupation :
- Appointed by King Mohammed VI as High Commissioner for Former Members of the Resistance Movement and the Liberation Army
- President of the Association of Moroccan Economists
- President of the network of associations and organizations of civil society for the support of territorial integrity and citizenship
- President of the Association of Moroccan – Vietnamese Friendship
- BA degree in Modern literature ( June 1962) from the Faculty of Literature and Humanities of Mohammed V University of Rabat;
- BA degree ) in Law(June 1969 from the Faculty of Legal, Economic and Social Sciences of Mohammed V University of Rabat;
- PhD in economics (June1978) from the University of Paris X- Nanterre U.E.R of economics sciences.
- Course instructor in Ibn Khaldoun High School in El-Jadida, (1st October 1959 to 30th September 1960) ; in Al-Laymoune High schoo in Rabat (1st October 1960 to 30th September 1963); in Hassan II High School in Rabat, (1st October 1964 to 19th December 1965);
- 20thDecember1965: Finances Inspector of the 5th Group of the General Inspectorate of Finance;
- 1st March 1967: financial controller of state-owned companies : ROYAL AIR MAROC, NATIONAL RAILWAYS OFFICE , NATIONAL TRANSPORT OFFICE, NATIONAL OFFICE OF ELECTRICITY;
- 20th November 1969: Chairperson of the management committee of the Moroccan DIAFA company of” Hotel and Tourist business” ;
- 1ST April 1973: Director of Supply Agency of Public administrations (D.C.A.A.P);
- 1ST May 1974: Finance Inspector, Head of a mission at the General Inspectorate of Finance;
- Teacher-researcher and Part-time lecturer at Mohammed V University and at other Higher Education institutions ;
- Visiting Professor to G.S.P.I.A Francophone Program of Pittsburgh University in U.S.A and Founder of the Arab speaking Program on Development Management at the same University;
- Teacher and trainer at the Management Institute AMI in Atlanta, state of Georgia in U.S.A ;
- A member of a district Council (1st October 1976 to 7th December 1997) ;
- Member of Parliament( 1993-1997);
- 11th February 2001 : High Commissioner for Former Members of the Resistance Movement and the Liberation Army ;
- From 21th May 2004 to 06th December 2006: Chairman of the Standing Committee on African Affairs of the World Veterans Federation (WVF);
- President of the Association of Moroccan Economists ;
- Secretary General of the Maghreb Economists Union;
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Arab Organization for Economic Research.
Other extra-professional activities:
- 10th May 1994 to 30th June 2002: President of the Moroccan Association of Finance Inspectors: (2 terms office);
- 1st March 1999 to 20th January 2003: President of the Association of Social Welfare of the Ministry of Economy and Finance (1 terms office);
- Founding member and currently President of the Association of Moroccan Economists since 10th June 2010;
- Secretary General of the Maghreb Economists Union, (1st September 1988 to date);
- 1st September 1997 to 5th April 2000: President of the Arab Union of Economists;
- Deputy Secretary General of the Arab Union of Economists to date;
- Expert Advisor to C.A.F.R.A.D: African Center for training and research on Administrative Development in Tanger.
- From 1st October 1984: Expert Advisor to the International Monetary Fund;
- From 1st September 1980 to date: Expert Advisor to the Arab Organization For Administrative Development;
- Expert Advisor to the Arab Organization for Industrial Development and Mines.
Scientific Publications :
* Publications edited in French:
- Tax structures and economic structures: case of Moroccan economy: March 1980;
- Taxation and et Development in Morocco : May 1982;
- Taxation Reform in Morocco as a test to Structural Adjustment Plan: April 1984.
* Publications edited in Arabic:
- Taxation and Development in Morocco: June 1985;
- The historical, civilisationnel and cultural foundations of the GRAND MAGHREB and their impact on the Administrative Development;
- Reflections on reforms and changes in Morocco: May 2004;
- Research and contribution to scientific and cultural congresses and forums in Morocco and abroad.
Distinctions and Decorations:
- Holder of the Royal Decoration of Satisfaction of 1st category in May 1972;
- Honorary Medal of the Arab Union of Veterans and War Victims: 26th September 2002 ;
- Holder of the Royal Decoration of the THRONE of the Order of Officer: July 2004;
- Decorated with the National Order of Veterans of the Republic of CHECK on the occasion of the 18th session of the Standing Committee of European Affairs of the WVF: April 2006;
- Decorated by the President of the Republic of Senegal of the High Knight Distinction of the National Order of the Lion in Dakar: August 23, 2006;
- High distinction of the Organization of Veterans for the liberation of Kosovo: 5 March 2010 ;
- Medal of the Russian Committee of Veterans: 26th November 2010 ;
- Medallion of the World Veterans Federation, on the occasion of the commemoration of its 60th anniversary in Paris , 26th November 2010.
- Honorary Medal of the Arab Union of Veterans and War Victims: March, 2015;
- Decorated with the Royal Alawite Medal of the Order of Officer in July 2015.
Mrs. Inge Nedergaard
Inge Nedergaard was born in the northern part of Copenhagen , Denmark in 1947.
Following her basic education she got an education as Bank Clerk.
In 1969 she joined the Royal Danish Navy, as a clerk for the Purchase Division. During this period she took part in the development of an inventory management and stockpiling management system for the Defence. In 1983 she joined the Danish Embassy in Nairobi, where she held the position of Chief Accountant.
She returned in 1989 and started work as a Chief Clerk with accounts and travel expenses at the Admiral Danish Fleet HQs in Aarhus. She has had several postings abroad as Chief Accountant for the Armed Forces serving in Kosovo, Afghanistan, Bosnia and Iraq.
She is in active duty as the Secretary to the Chief of Naval Staff, Denmark and has been a member of the Danish Blue Berets, working as Treasurer since 2009.
She has been awarded a number honours and awards for service to her country.
Inge Nedergaard is married to Torben. They live in the middle of Jutland, and in her spare time she enjoys taking part in the dog world as a steward at the dog show and being a member of the Danish Home Guard.
Col. (Ret) Alfred Fuller SCAA
Colonel Alfred FULLER was born January 15th, 1941 at Edea in the Department of Sanaga Maritime, Cameroon. He is from Bonabéri, a neighborhood in the city of Douala, economic capital.
After his primary and secondary studies, in October 1961 he entered the Inter-Arms Military Academy of Cameroon. He graduated in July 1963 and was assigned to the Gendarmerie Nationale. A qualified Paratrooper, he was posted to the Western Civic Guard, an area of Cameroon in the grip of armed rebellion in the aftermath of the independence of Cameroon. Soon after, he took Command of Gendarmerie Platoon EBOLOWA in the south and took his unit to the West.
Lt. Gen. Chi Liang Wu SCAP
ROC on Taiwan
Chi Liang Wu was a graduate of the Artillery Class of the Chinese Military Academy (CMA) in Taiwan, 1964.
Later, he also graduated from the Military Art Institute of the National Defense University in Taiwan.
After graduation from the CMA, he worked his military career up from lieutenant to lieutenant general; from platoon leader to deputy commander-in-chief.
After retiring from active military service, he was appointed by the ROC cabinet to serve veterans in the Veterans Affairs Council, which is equivalent to the department of veterans affairs in the USA.
He served in this council for nearly ten years, and has acquired knowledge and experiences in veterans affairs management both in the country and overseas.
Birger Kjer Hansen SCEA
Biography coming soon
Mr. Saif Khan SCA
Saif Khan currently serves as an attorney specializing in Veterans Law in the United States of America. He was elected Chairman of the Standing Committee for the Americas (SCA) and Vice President of the World Veterans Federation during the first World Veterans Congress that was held in Paris, France in 2019.
Mr. Khan served in the United States Army as a Combat Engineer and deployed to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Vacant Post SCOW
Biography coming soon
Vacant Post SCME
Biography coming soon